OXIDIZED BITUMEN 85/40
DESCRIPTION OF OXIDIZED BITUMEN 85/40
Oxidized Bitumen 85/40, also known as blown asphalt 85/40 (blown bitumen 85/40), is a type of bitumen that is produced by blowing air over pure bitumen (penetration bitumen). In comparison to conventional bitumen, oxidized bitumen 85-40 has both a lower penetration grade and a higher softening point. The asphaltene that is present in this bitumen can be polymerized by airflow, which results in the bitumen acquiring a stretchy quality. Because of its rubber-like qualities, this type of bitumen is referred to as Rubberized Bitumen, and it is denoted by the symbol R. These numbers indicate the point at which the substance softens and the degree of penetration. For instance, oxidized bitumen R85/40 indicates that this particular bitumen has a softening point of 85 and a penetrability grade of 40.
We manufacture the highest quality Oxidized Bitumen 85/40 ( Blown Asphalt 85/40 ) in different types and export them from Iran and the UAE to other countries around the world.
- Oxidized Bitumen 85/40 Iran ( Blown Asphalt 85/40 Iran )
- Oxidized Bitumen 85/40 UAE ( Blown Asphalt 85/40 UAE )
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 85/40 PRODUCTION PROCESS:
In order to produce oxidized bitumen 85/40, the BBU reactor at the refinery must first subject penetration-grade bitumen to hot air at a temperature that falls anywhere between 240 and 270 degrees Celsius. Because of this, the refinery needs to keep the temperature at a consistent level that falls between 220 and 230 degrees Celsius.
The reaction between the hydrogen atoms of bitumen and the oxygen atoms of air that takes place inside the reactor is induced by heated air. This reaction is brought about by the interaction of the bitumen with the air. The next thing that takes place is that it begins to produce some steam, which, once it has been produced, needs to have the oxidation chamber emptied of it in order to continue operating properly. As a direct consequence of this, the presence of oxidized bitumen is brought about as a result.
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 85/40 ADVANTAGES:
The following is a list of the primary advantages of using oxidized bitumen 85/40:
• Total resistance to water
• Extreme pliability
• Chemical stability
• Extremely long-lasting durability
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 85/40 SPECIFICATION:
|Bitumen 85/40||Test method||Unit||Specification|
|Specific gravity @25/25 C||ASTM D70||(Kg/m3)||1.05 approx.|
|Penetration @ 25°c||ASTM D5||mm/10||35/40|
|Softening point °c||ASTM D36||°C||80/90|
|Ductility @25 °c||ASTM D113||Cm||3|
|Loss on heating(wt) %||ASTM D6||Wt. %||0.2 max|
|Flashpoint c||ASTM D92||°C||260 min|
|Solubility is CS2(wt) %||ASTM D4||Wt. %||99 min|
|Spot test||A.A.S.H.O.T 102||—||Negative|
APPLICATIONS OF OXIDIZED BITUMEN 85/40
Oxidized bitumen 85/40 has a wide variety of applications, some of which include the construction of roads and hydropower projects, as well as roofing, flooring, mastics, the oil and gas industry, and electrical applications.
- Roads: Blown Bitumen 85/40 can be used for constructing new roads, paving existing roads, and performing road maintenance. It is possible to incorporate it as an additive into asphalt, which can then be used for paving roads, highways, railroads, and parking lots.
- Hydro projects call for the utilization of Blown bitumen 85-40 as the material for the canal lining. This specific type of bitumen can be utilized in a variety of additional hydro projects, including the construction of embankments and dams, hydraulic structures, the protection of dam linings, and the stabilization of sand.
- Roofing: Oxidised Bitumen 85/40 is utilized in the production of roofing felts, shingle roofs, damp-proof coating compositions, carriage roofing compounds, liquid roof coatings, and plastic cements. Additionally, it is utilized in carriage roofing compounds. It is frequently the most effective method for waterproofing roofs.
- Flooring: The installation of flooring is one of the most common applications for blown asphalt 85-40. It is possible to use bitumen mastic that is resistant to acid and alkali to prevent corrosion on the surfaces of facilities such as chemical plants, fertilizer plants, steel factories, and other types of facilities. It is also possible for it to repair parquet flooring.
- In the oil and gas industry, bitumen oxidized 85/40 is frequently used as an additional layer of corrosion and rust protection for pipelines.
- Bitumen 85/40 is utilized in the electrical industry as a laminated board adhesive. This adhesive is utilized in the electrical industry. It is capable of securing the lids of electrical connection boxes. In addition to wires and lithium-ion batteries, it is utilized in the cable manufacturing industry.
We produce oxidized bitumen 85/40 ( blown asphalt 85/40 ) of the best quality in a variety of types and export it from Iran and the United Arab Emirates to other nations worldwide.
- Iran Oxidized Bitumen 85/40 ( Iran Blown Asphalt 85/40 )
- Emirates Oxidized Bitumen 85/40 ( Emirates Blown Asphalt 85/40 )
PACKING OF OXIDIZED BITUMEN 85/40
25Kg Kraft Bag, 25Kg Polyamide Bag, Carton, Drum, and Bulk.