OXIDIZED BITUMEN 150/5
Description of OXIDIZED BITUMEN 150/5
By flowing air through pure bitumen, also known as penetration bitumen 60/70, one may produce oxidized bitumen 150/5. This material is also known as blown asphalt 150/5 or blown bitumen 150/5. These two terms relate to the same entity. The penetration grade of oxidized bitumen 150-5 is notably lower than that of conventional bitumen, but its softening point is significantly greater than that of conventional bitumen. When the asphaltene in this bitumen is exposed to airflow, it has the potential to polymerize, and as a result, the bitumen acquires the ability to stretch. This specific type of bitumen is known as rubberized bitumen, and the letter R in its designation indicates that it exhibits characteristics similar to rubber.
Typically, rubberized bitumen is used to pave roadways and other outdoor surfaces. These figures indicate the penetration depth as well as the point at which the material begins to become more flexible. For instance, the rating R150/5 for oxidized bitumen R150/5 means that the bitumen in issue has a penetrability grade of 5 and a softening point of 150.
We manufacture the highest quality Oxidized Bitumen 150/5 ( Blown Asphalt 150/5 ) in different types and export them from Iran and the UAE to other countries around the world.
- Oxidized Bitumen 150/5 Iran ( Blown Asphalt 150/5 Iran )
- Oxidized Bitumen 150/5 UAE ( Blown Asphalt 150/5 UAE )
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 150/5 PRODUCTION PROCESS:
The penetration-grade bitumen must first be heated by hot air to a temperature ranging from 220 to 230 degrees Celsius before it can be converted into oxidized bitumen 150/5 in the BBU reactor located in the refinery. By the time it reaches that stage, the reactor can only produce oxidized bitumen at a ratio of 150/5. As a result, it is essential that the refinery always maintain a temperature that is consistently between 220 and 230 degrees Celsius.
The reaction between the bitumen’s hydrogen atoms and the air’s oxygen atoms occurs inside the reactor as a result of the heated air in the vicinity. The presence of the hot air initiates the reaction. The bitumen’s contact with the surrounding air causes this reaction, which happens immediately. After then, it starts to produce steam, which must be removed from the oxidation chamber for the reactor to keep operating as intended after it has been produced. The area needs to be depressurized and evacuated after the steam has been produced. This is a factor that directly contributes to the oxidized bitumen development.
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 150/5 ADVANTAGES:
Utilizing oxidized bitumen 150/5 has a number of benefits, some of the more significant of which are listed below:
• Complete resistance to water’s corrosive effects.
• Exceptional adaptability to change.
• Neutrality in chemicals.
• Extremely long-lasting durability.
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 150/5 SPECIFICATION:
|Bitumen 150/5||Test method||Unit||Specification|
|Specific gravity @25/25 C||ASTM D70||(Kg/m3)||1.05 approx.|
|Penetration @ 25°c||ASTM D5||mm/10||4/6|
|Softening point °c||ASTM D36||°C||145/155|
|Ductility @25 °c||ASTM D113||Cm||1.5min|
|Loss on heating(wt) %||ASTM D6||Wt. %||0.2 max|
|Flashpoint c||ASTM D92||°C||250 min|
|Solubility is CS2(wt) %||ASTM D4||Wt. %||99.5 max|
Applications of OXIDIZED BITUMEN 150/5
Many different things can be done with oxidized bitumen 150/5, some of which include building roads and setting up hydroelectric facilities. It can also be used in the electrical industry, the flooring and mastics industry, the roofing industry, and the oil and gas industry.
- Roads: Blown bitumen 150-5 can be used to pave existing roads, construct new roads, and carry out normal maintenance on the existing roads. It can be included into asphalt as an additive, which is then used to pave roads, highways, railroad tracks, and parking lots.
- The material that must be used for the canal lining in hydro projects is blown asphalt 150-5. This is a criterion that must be met. The construction of embankments, dams, hydraulic structures, the preservation of dam linings, and the stabilization of sand are just a few more hydro projects that may make use of this particular form of bitumen.
- Roofing: Bitumen Oxidized 150/5 is a necessary component in the production of roofing felts, shingle roofs, damp-proof coating compositions, carriage roofing compounds, liquid roof coatings, and plastic cements. Each of these materials is utilized in some way by the roofing industry. Additionally, it is used in the production of liquid roof coverings. Additionally, it is used in the production of materials that are subsequently used for carriage roofs. In the vast majority of cases, this method of waterproofing roofs is the best one that is currently available.
- Flooring: Installing flooring is one of the most frequent uses for blown bitumen 150/5. Roofs are a common application as well. This is due to the material’s exceptional durability and little chance of slippage. It is also feasible to employ acid- and alkali-resistant bitumen mastic. Facilities surfaces can be coated with this kind of mastic to stop corrosion. Chemical plants, fertilizer plants, steel factories, and other types of facilities are a few examples of these types of facilities. There are numerous different methods that can be used to avoid rusting. If you currently have parquet flooring, you can also restore it using this method.
- Oxidised bitumen 150/5 is widely used in oil and gas industry pipelines as an additional layer of protection against rust and corrosion.
- Bitumen 150/5 is a component used in the production of laminated boards marketed to the electrical industry. Numerous activities and procedures connected to the electrical industry make substantial use of this product. This technique could be used to lock the lids of electrical connection box covers. In addition to being utilized in the production of lithium-ion batteries and wires, it is also used in the process of making cables.
PETRO NAFT CO. produces oxidized bitumen 150/5 ( blown asphalt 150/5 ) of the best quality in a variety of types and exports it from Iran and the United Arab Emirates to other nations worldwide.
- Iran Oxidized Bitumen 150/5 ( Iran Blown Asphalt 150/5 )
- Emirates Oxidized Bitumen 150/5 ( Emirates Blown Asphalt 150/5 )
Packing of OXIDIZED BITUMEN 150/5
25Kg Kraft Bag, 25Kg Polyamide Bag, Carton, Drum, and Bulk.