OXIDIZED BITUMEN 90/40
Description of OXIDIZED BITUMEN 90/40
By passing air through pure bitumen (referred to as penetration bitumen 60/70), one may create a kind of bitumen known as oxidized bitumen 90/40. Another term for it is blown bitumen 90/40, which is also known as blown asphalt 90/40. When compared to conventional bitumen, the penetration grade of oxidized bitumen 90.40 is much lower, but its softening point is significantly greater than that of conventional bitumen.
The asphaltene in this bitumen has the potential to polymerize when it is exposed to airflow; as a result, the bitumen acquires the feature of having the ability to stretch. This particular kind of bitumen is referred to as rubberized bitumen, and the letter R in its designation indicates that it has characteristics that are similar to those of rubber. These numbers illustrate the level of penetration as well as the stage at which the material begins to become more malleable. For instance, oxidized R90/40 implies that the particular bitumen in question has a penetrability grade of 40 and a softening point of 90.
We manufacture the highest quality Oxidized Bitumen 90/40 ( Blown Asphalt 90/40 ) in different types and export them from Iran and the UAE to other countries around the world.
- Oxidized Bitumen 90/40 Iran ( Blown Asphalt 90/40 Iran )
- Oxidized Bitumen 90/40 UAE ( Blown Asphalt 90/40 UAE )
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 90/40 PRODUCTION PROCESS:
In the BBU reactor at the refinery, penetration-grade bitumen must first be heated by hot air at a temperature that ranges from 220 to 230 degrees Celsius before it can be converted into oxidized bitumen 90/40. At that stage, the reactor is only capable of producing oxidized bitumen in a 90/40 ratio. Because of this, it is necessary for the refinery to keep the temperature at a steady range of 220 to 230 degrees Celsius at all times. The reaction that takes place inside the reactor between the hydrogen atoms of the bitumen and the oxygen atoms of the air is triggered by the heated air that is present in the space.
This reaction is brought about as a result of the bitumen coming into touch with the air. It then starts to develop steam, which, once created, has to be evacuated from the oxidation chamber in order for the reactor to continue working correctly. Once the steam has been produced, the chamber must be evacuated. This is a direct factor that leads to the formation of oxidized bitumen.
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 90/40 ADVANTAGES:
The use of oxidized bitumen 90/40 is connected with a variety of benefits, some of the more prominent of which are listed below:
· Absolutely impervious to the eroding effects of water.
· Extreme adaptability to change.
· Neutrality in terms of chemistry.
· Durability that lasts for a very long time.
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 90/40 SPECIFICATION:
|Bitumen 90/40||Test method||Unit||Specification|
|Specific gravity @25/25 C||ASTM D70||(Kg/m3)||1.05 approx.|
|Penetration @ 25°c||ASTM D5||mm/10||35/45|
|Softening point °c||ASTM D36||°C||85/95|
|Ductility @25 °c||ASTM D113||Cm||5.5min|
|Loss on heating(wt) %||ASTM D6||Wt. %||0.2 max|
|Flashpoint c||ASTM D92||°C||250 min|
|Solubility is CS2(wt) %||ASTM D4||Wt. %||99.5 max|
Applications of OXIDIZED BITUMEN 90/40
Oxidized bitumen 90/40 has a wide variety of applications, some examples of which include the building of roads and the establishment of hydropower facilities. In addition, it has applications in the oil and gas industry, as well as in the electrical industry, flooring, mastics, and roofing.
- Roads: Blown asphalt 90-40 can be used for paving existing roads, developing new roads, and conducting regular maintenance on the roads that are already there. It is possible to include it as an additive into asphalt, which is then used to pave roads, highways, railroad lines, and parking lots. Follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer to do this.
- In hydro projects, the material that must be used for the canal lining is oxidised bitumen 90/40. This is a requirement. This particular kind of bitumen may be used in a wide variety of extra hydro projects, including the construction of embankments and dams, hydraulic structures, the protection of dam linings, and the stabilization of sand.
- Roofing: Bitumen Oxidized 90/40 is necessary for the manufacturing of roofing felts, shingle roofs, damp-proof coating compositions, carriage roofing compounds, liquid roof coatings, and plastic cements. All of these roofing materials are used in the roofing industry. Additionally, it is used in the production of liquid roof coverings. Additionally, it is used in the production of materials that are utilized for the roofing of carriages. In most cases, this method of waterproofing roofs is the most effective one available.
- Flooring: The installation of flooring is one of the most common applications of blown bitumen 90-40. This is because of the durability and slip resistance of the material. It is also possible to employ acid- and alkali-resistant bitumen mastic, which may be applied to the surfaces of facilities such as chemical plants, fertilizer plants, steel factories, and other kinds of facilities in order to avoid corrosion. Other forms of corrosion-prevention methods include In addition, the restoration of parquet floors is possible using this method.
- As an additional layer of protection against corrosion and rust, pipelines in the oil and gas industry often make use of blown bitumen 90/40.
- Laminated boards used in the electrical industry are produced using bitumen 90/40 as an ingredient in their production. The electrical sector makes heavy use of this adhesive in a variety of applications. It may be used as a method for securing the lids of electrical connection boxes. In addition to being used in the production of lithium-ion batteries and wires, it is also utilized in the manufacturing of cables.
We produces oxidized bitumen 90/40 ( blown asphalt 90/40 ) of the best quality in a variety of types and exports it from Iran and the United Arab Emirates to other nations worldwide.
- Iran Oxidized Bitumen 90/40 ( Iran Blown Asphalt 90/40 )
- Emirates Oxidized Bitumen 90/40 ( Emirates Blown Asphalt 90/40 )
Packing of OXIDIZED BITUMEN 90/40
25Kg Kraft Bag, 25Kg Polyamide Bag, Carton, Drum, and Bulk.