OXIDIZED BITUMEN 115/15
Description of OXIDIZED BITUMEN 115/15
It is possible to create a type of bitumen known as Oxidized Bitumen 115/15 by blowing air over pure bitumen (pure bitumen that is comparable to penetration bitumen 60/70). This type of bitumen is also known as blown asphalt 115/15 (blown bitumen 115/15), which is another name for oxidized bitumen 115-15. When compared to pure bitumen, it possesses the same level of tensile strength but has a lower penetration grade and a higher softening point than its counterpart. The asphaltene in this bitumen goes through a process of polymerization when it is exposed to airflow, which ultimately results in the bitumen changing into a form that is stretchy.
This type of bitumen is referred to as “Rubberized Bitumen” because of the rubber-like quality that it possesses. The letter R is used to denote this type of bitumen in the symbol for bitumen. These numbers indicate not only the amount of penetration that has taken place but also the point at which the material begins to soften. For instance, the phrase “Oxidized Bitumen R115/15” indicates that the particular bitumen in question has a softening point of 115 and a penetration grade of 15.
WHAT IS OXIDIZED BITUMEN 115/15?
In order to raise the softening point and viscosity of bitumen, it has been treated with air to create oxidized bitumen 115/15. As a result of the distillation of crude oil, bitumen is produced, which is a thick, dark, and sticky substance. By forcing air through heated bitumen, oxidized bitumen is produced, increasing both its viscosity and softening point. “115/15” stands for the bitumen’s penetration value and softening point, respectively.
We produce oxidized bitumen 115/15 ( blown asphalt 115/15 ) of the best quality in a variety of types and export them from Iran and the United Arab Emirates to other nations worldwide.
- Iran Oxidized Bitumen 115/15 ( Iran Blown Asphalt 115/15 )
- Emirates Oxidized Bitumen 115/15 ( Emirates Blown Asphalt 115/15 )
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 115/15 PRODUCTION PROCESS:
Through the process of heating penetration grade bitumen in hot air that has a temperature ranging from 220 to 230 degrees Celsius, the BBU reactor at the refinery is able to produce oxidized bitumen 115/15 . The BBU reactor is the location where this process is carried out. Inside the reactor is where the reaction between the hydrogen atoms of bitumen and the oxygen atoms of air takes place; this reaction is caused by the heated air that circulates inside the reactor.
The following thing that happens is that it starts to produce some steam, which then needs to be extracted from the oxidation chamber after it has completed its production. There is still evidence of the presence of oxidized bitumen as a direct consequence of this.
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 115/15 ADVANTAGES:
The main advantages of Oxidized Bitumen 115/15 are as follows:
- Extreme durability
- Extreme pliability
- Total water resistance
- Chemical stability
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 115/15 SPECIFICATIONS:
Specific gravity @25/25 C
Penetration @ 25°c
Softening point °c
Ductility @25 °c
Loss on heating(wt) %
Solubility is CS2(wt) %
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 115/15 Applications
Oxidized Bitumen 115/15 has several applications, including road construction, hydropower projects, roofing, flooring, mastics, oil and gas industries, and electrical applications.
Roads: Bitumen 115/15 can be used for road building, road paving, and road maintenance. It can be used as an addition in asphalts for roads, highways, trains, and parking lots. Among other applications of this grade of bitumen, it can be used for railroad ballast.
- Hydro projects: Blown Bitumen 115-15 is used as a canal lining material. This sort of bitumen can be used in further hydro projects such as embankment and dam building, hydraulic structures, and dam lining.
- Roofing: Blown Asphalt 115-15 is used in roofing felts, shingle roofs, damp-proof coating compositions, carriage roofing compounds, liquid roof coatings, and plastic cements. Typically, it is the greatest option for roof waterproofing.
- Flooring: flooring is one of Oxidised Bitumen 115/15‘s primary applications. In order to prevent corrosion on the surface of chemical plants, fertilizer plants, steel plants, and other plants, acid- and alkali-resistant bitumen mastic can be used. It is also capable of repairing parquet flooring. This grade of bitumen is also used for tennis courts.
- Oil and gas industry: in addition to Cutback Bitumen MC30, blown bitumen 115/15 is widely used to protect pipelines from corrosion and rust.
- In the electrical sector: bitumen 115-15 is used as an adhesive for laminated boards. It has the capacity to seal electrical junction boxes. It has use in the cable sector, lithium-ion batteries, and wires.
- Painting: Bitumen 115/15 combination with solvent high performance bitumen paint is an affordable anti-corrosive and protective solution for a broad variety of typical construction materials, including iron, steel, wood, and concrete, fiber reinforced cement panels, and masonry. It creates a flexible, quick-drying coating that is waterproof, weatherproof, and corrosion resistant. It is also sometimes used for the backing of carpets and moquettes.
PetroNaft Co. manufactures the highest quality Oxidized Bitumen 115/15 ( Blown Asphalt 115/15 ) in different types and exports it from Iran and the UAE to other countries around the world.
- Oxidized Bitumen 115/15 Iran ( Blown Asphalt 115/15 Iran )
- Oxidized Bitumen 115/15 UAE ( Blown Asphalt 115/15 UAE )
OXIDIZED BITUMEN 115/15 Packing
25Kg Kraft Bag, 25Kg Polyamide Bag, Carton, Drum, and Bulk.
Oxidized bitumen 115/15 i need sample to Peru, port Callao
Thank you for your comment, we will be in touch with you via email regarding bitumen 115/15.