INTRODUCTION OF WALNUT SHELL
Walnut Shell is a natural, biodegradable, and renewable product that has various industrial applications, especially in the drilling industry. It is a hard and durable material that is produced by crushing the shells of walnuts. Walnut shells are widely used in the oil and gas drilling industry as a proppant and a drilling fluid additive.
WHAT IS WALNUT SHELL?
Walnut Shell is a hard and durable material produced by crushing the shells of walnuts. It is a natural, biodegradable, and renewable product that is used in various industrial applications. Walnut shell has a hardness of 3.5 on the Mohs scale and a specific gravity of 1.2-1.4 g/cm³. It is available in various grades, types, and forms, and is widely used in the oil and gas drilling industry as a proppant and a drilling fluid additive.
Petro Naft provides Walnut Shell of the best quality in a variety of types and grades and exports them from Iran, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates to other nations worldwide.
• Walnut Shell Iran
• Walnut Shell Turkey
• Walnut Shell Emirates
WALNUT SHELL HISTORY
Walnut shell has been used for centuries in various applications, including cleaning, polishing, and filtration. The ancient Greeks and Romans used crushed walnut shells to polish their pottery, and Native Americans used it to clean their teeth. In the early 20th century, walnut shells were used as a filler in rubber products, such as tires and brake linings. Later, walnut shells were used as an abrasive in sandblasting and as a filtration media. In the 1970s, walnut shells were introduced as a proppant in hydraulic fracturing.
WALNUT SHELL OTHER NAMES
Walnut shell is also known as walnut granules, walnut grit, walnut abrasive, walnut blasting media, and walnut proppant.
WALNUT SHELL TYPES
Walnut shell is available in various grades, types, and forms. The most common grades are coarse, medium, and fine. The coarse grade is used for heavy-duty applications, such as sandblasting and rock tumbling. The medium grade is used for general-purpose applications, such as drilling, cleaning and polishing. The fine grade is used for delicate applications, such as cleaning and polishing jewelry. The most common forms of walnut shell are crushed, ground, and whole.
WALNUT SHELL PRODUCTION
Walnut shell is produced by crushing the shells of walnuts. The shells are cleaned, dried, and then crushed into various sizes using crushing machines. The size of the walnut shell can be adjusted by changing the screen size of the crushing machine. The walnut shell can be further processed by grinding or screening to produce different types of the product.
The crushing process produces a mix of different sized particles, which are then separated by screening. The larger particles are used as coarse grade walnut shell, while the smaller particles are used as fine grade walnut shell. The remaining particles are ground into a powder, which is used as a polishing agent.
WALNUT SHELL CHEMICAL FORMULA, CAS NUMBER, AND HS CODE
Walnut Shell Chemical Formula:
Chemical formula: Walnut shells are primarily composed of cellulose, hemicellulose, lignin, and a small amount of protein. Their exact chemical composition can vary depending on factors such as the walnut variety and processing method.
Walnut Shell CAS number:
CAS NUMBER: 84012-43-1
Walnut Shell HS code:
HS CODE: 1404.90.90
WALNUT SHELL SPECIFICATIONS
The technical specifications of walnut shell depend on the grade, type, and form of the product. The following are the general technical specifications of walnut shell:
- Hardness: 3.5 on the Mohs scale
- Specific gravity: 1.2-1.4 g/cm³
- pH value: 5.0-7.0
- Oil absorption: 17-23%
- Bulk density: 0.85-1.1 g/cm³
- Moisture content: < 5%
WALNUT SHELL PROPERTIES
Walnut shell has several properties that make it suitable for various industrial applications. These properties include:
- Hardness: Walnut shell has a hardness of 3.5 on the Mohs scale, which makes it suitable for abrasive applications.
- Durable: Walnut shell is a hard and durable material that can withstand high pressure and impact.
- Biodegradable: Walnut shell is a natural and biodegradable material that is environmentally friendly.
- Renewable: Walnut shell is produced from a renewable source, which makes it a sustainable material.
- Non-toxic: Walnut shell is a non-toxic material that is safe to use.
WALNUT SHELL ADVANTAGES
Walnut shell has several advantages over other materials used in industrial applications. These advantages include:
- Natural: Walnut shell is a natural and renewable material that is environmentally friendly.
- Biodegradable: Walnut shell is a biodegradable material that does not harm the environment.
- Safe: Walnut shell is a non-toxic material that is safe to use.
- Effective: Walnut shell is a hard and durable material that is effective in various industrial applications.
- Cost-effective: Walnut shell is a cost-effective material that is less expensive than other abrasive materials.
WALNUT SHELL SAFETY TIPS
Walnut shell is a safe material to use, but it is important to follow safety precautions to avoid injury. The following are some safety tips for using walnut shell:
- Wear protective clothing, such as gloves and safety goggles, when handling walnut shell.
- Do not ingest or inhale walnut shell.
- Use in a well-ventilated area to avoid inhalation of dust.
- Dispose of walnut shell properly, as it can be a fire hazard if not stored correctly.
WALNUT SHELL PRODUCING COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD
Walnut shell is produced in various countries around the world, including the United States, China, India, Turkey, Iran, and several European countries. The largest producers of walnut shell are the United States and China.
WALNUT SHELL IMPORTING COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD
Walnut shell is imported by several countries around the world, including Japan, South Korea, Australia, and several European countries. The largest importers of walnut shell are Japan and South Korea.
WALNUT SHELL EXPORTING COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD
Walnut shell is exported by several countries around the world, including the United States, China, India, Turkey, and Iran. The largest exporters of walnut shell are the United States, China, and India.
WALNUT SHELL PRICE
The price of walnut shell is affected by several factors, including the grade, type, and form of the product, the location of the supplier, and market demand.
The grade of the walnut shell determines its size and quality, and higher grades usually command higher prices. The type of walnut shell also affects its price, with black walnut shell usually more expensive than English walnut shell due to its hardness and durability. The form of the walnut shell also influences the price, with fine grade walnut shell generally more expensive than coarse grade walnut shell.
The location of the supplier also affects the price of walnut shell. Suppliers located closer to the source of production can offer lower prices due to lower transportation costs. The market demand for walnut shell also affects its price, with higher demand usually leading to higher prices.
PETRONAFT WALNUT SHELL
Petro Naft Company is one of the largest suppliers of walnut shell in the world. The company offers a wide range of walnut shell products, including coarse and fine grade walnut shell, black and English walnut shell, and powder and grit walnut shell.
Petro Naft Company sources its walnut shell from various countries around the world, including the United States, China, India, and Iran. The company ensures the quality of its products through rigorous testing and quality control measures.
WALNUT SHELL APPLICATIONS
Walnut shell has several applications in various industries, including:
- Oil and gas drilling: Walnut shell is used as a lost circulation material in drilling fluids to prevent drilling fluid from escaping into permeable rock formations.
- Abrasive blasting: Walnut shell is used as a blasting abrasive for cleaning and polishing surfaces such as metals, plastics, and wood.
- Water filtration: Walnut shell is used as a filter media in water filtration systems to remove impurities and contaminants from water.
- Cosmetics: Walnut shell is used as an exfoliating agent in cosmetics and personal care products.
- Animal bedding: Walnut shell is used as a bedding material for small animals such as hamsters and gerbils.
- Art and crafts: Walnut shell is used in art and crafts projects as a natural and renewable material.
- Walnut shell is a non-conductive material, making it suitable for use in electrical applications.
- Walnut shell can be used in combination with other abrasive materials such as glass beads and aluminum oxide to achieve specific surface finishes.
Walnut shell can be a cost-effective alternative to other abrasive materials such as sand or glass beads.
Explore related articles on this product via the tag link below:
We export the highest-quality Walnut Shell in different types and grades from Iran, Turkey, and the UAE to other countries around the world.
• Iran Walnut Shell
• Turkey Walnut Shell
• UAE Walnut Shell
WALNUT SHELL PACKING
Walnut shell is packaged in various sizes and forms, depending on the requirements of the customer. The product is usually packaged in 25 kg bags, but larger or smaller sizes can be provided upon request. The product is also available in bulk shipments for large-scale applications.